Dress Code & Uniform
- All students are to be neatly dressed in School uniform during School hours, School trips, official gatherings, while representing the school for any function or event outside the school, and going to and from the school. This includes the full grooming standards specified as well.
- When on school trips, the school uniform and dress code (grooming standards included), or the dress code specified by the concerned teacher is to be strictly followed.
- The idea of the uniform is to look smart, neat, modest, respectful and presentable.
- The student is expected to understand the spirit / idea / reason behind these guidelines and follow them accordingly.
- While the following listed below are guidelines it is not all inclusive. In case of any doubt please enquire with the class teacher. Incase of any ambiguity contact the Co-ordinator Final decision is the Principal’s.
- Students are not allowed to mix school uniform with casual clothes at any time.
- Please ensure that your uniforms are well maintained, ironed and clean. They should not be torn, faded, crumbled, shabby and ill fitting (too big or too small).
- They should strictly meet the specifications of color, size, quality and pattern. Any uniform not meeting the specifications will have to be changed.
- No tight fitting uniforms will be allowed- all should be at least 2 inches larger than body size.
- The shirt must be neatly tucked in. The P.T shirt also must be neatly tucked into the shorts or track pants. The track jacket should be zipped up.
- Skirt length must be 1" before the knee cap in upright standing position.
- Shoes to be polished and in good shape. Socks to be of specified length and pulled up. The trousers should not be tucked into the shoes.
- Low waist, slim or pencil fit, flared or bell bottoms, top button open, loose tie-knot, folding and pushing up of shirt / blazer sleeves, putting the collar up, are not allowed.
- The pants are not to sweep the ground; it should cover the ankle and be worn on the waist and not the hip.
- If any child is found not adhering to the uniform and grooming standards disciplinary action will be taken.
HAIR & GROOMING – COMMON
- Hair must be neat and tidy.
- No fancy hair cut is allowed. Hair cuts should be such that it allows for easy combing and in the case of girls, easy tying up.
- Only a little oil or gel is permitted. Excessive amounts are not allowed.
- Spiked hair and colored hair is not allowed.
- No fringes are allowed.
- No extreme hair styles or hair cuts are allowed.
- Shaving of the head partially or fully is not allowed without prior permission. (except in the case of a family member’s démise)
- No nose rings, body piercing, tattoos and body painting allowed.
- No bracelets, bangles, wrist bands, anklets, necklaces, chains, toe rings or finger rings are allowed.
- No threads on wrist or neck. Bindis, and such are not allowed.
- Finger nails to be kept short, clean and unpainted.
- No religious ornaments of any kind to be worn anywhere (on body, hand, neck or face).
- No caps will be allowed indoor, except uniform caps on the playing field and on outdoor excursions. And in Winter the uniform specified caps.
HAIR & GROOMING – GIRLS
- All hair below chin level should be tied up in two pony tail or two plaits.
- Hair must be clear off the face, ears and shoulders and tied back.
- The pony tail or plaits should start at ear level.
- No ‘coconut tree’ pony tail is allowed.
- Any pony tail longer than 5 inches should be plaited.
- The end of the plait should not end more than 2 inches from the end of the hair length.
- The plaits should not be doubled up.
- It is recommended that younger girls have a short ‘Bob’ cut. This makes it easier to maintain grooming standards as well as keep the hair clean and free from lice.
- Hair cuts should be in such a way that all hair can be easily tied/ plaited. For this reason hair cut in steps or layers is not encouraged.
- Hair should be kept off their face, with the help of a simple plain black hair band (1” plain black elastic cloth hair bands or black plain plastic hair bands). Black/colored fancy/butterfly clips are not allowed in place of hair-bands.
- Only one single simple small earring stud is allowed. No brightly colored earrings and fancy designs are allowed. No danglers are allowed. Using gold earrings is discouraged as it may get lost.
- No makeup is allowed.
HAIR & GROOMING – BOYS
- Boy’s hair should be cut short at the back and front. (One should not be able to get a hold of it in your hand, either in the front or back).
- Hair should be kept off the forehead and face.
- A simple crew cut is recommended.
- Hair styles have to be simple and easy to comb.
- Mushroom cut, puffs, spikes, wet look and such extreme fashions are not allowed.
- Boys are not allowed to use any accessories on their head like hair bands, clips etc.
- For those who shave, it should be done daily. No stubble or beard of any kind is allowed.
- A Doctor’s certificate with a validity of one week only will be allowed in case of a medical reason for not shaving. The same has to be countersigned by the Doctor.
- No side burns longer than one inch from the top of the ear lobe is allowed. That is, up to the middle of the ear.
LEAVE OR ABSENCE
- No one who is late for school or has been absent for more than two days continuously will be admitted to class without the permission of the Principal.
(a) Leave is not granted except on prior written application from parents/guardians and only for serious reasons.
(b) If a student is absent from school for any reason whatsoever, the parent should phone the school office between 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. on the day of the student’s absence.
- Every absence (sick leave or otherwise) must be entered briefly in red ink in the ABSENCE AND LEAVE RECORD pages of this diary and signed by the parent/guardian.
- For leave or absence of more than 2 (two) days, an application letter must be sent.
- Repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for more than three consecutive days renders the students liable to have their names struck off the rolls. Re-admission, if granted, will be done on payment of a re-admission fee.
- Leave will not be granted on the reopening or closing day of a term or examination days.
- All are expected to attend class on the opening day after each vacation. Those absent without leave because of sickness must present a medical certificate before they are admitted to class.