Admissions under Right To Education Act As per the RTE Act, 25% seats are reserved at entry level to Class I. As specified in the RTE Act and the Amendment to the act, the following are the criteria’s for admission under RTE:
- Children belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, or any other disadvantaged group which is specified by State Government notification.
- This definition of 'disadvantaged group' has been extended by the 2012 Amendment to include disabled children, including children with severe disabilities.
- Children belonging to 'weaker section' are those whose parents' or guardians' annual income is below the poverty line, as specified by the State Government.
- These children should be residing within 3 kms.
Following documents are required to be submitted for admission under RTE:
- Original Birth Certificate for verification along with a photocopy.
- Caste Certificate issued by concerned Sub Divisional Officer (Revenue) or Deputy Collector, in the name of child or his parent.
- Transfer Certificate
Any one of the following can be submitted in order of Residence Proof —